This is a perfect recipe because it’s for Four Whole Dungeness Crabs, which is the minimum quantity we ship from Pacific Dream Seafoods. This is a super easy way to create a special meal that looks fancy but is actually quite easy to make. It’s also Gluten-Free and Paleo. Serves 4.
- 4 Dungeness Crabs, cooked
- 1 Dill and parsley, Fresh
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Lemon and limes
- 1 tsp Horseradish, prepared
- 1/2 cup Ketchup
Baking & Spices
- 1 tbsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp Old bay seasoning
16 tbsp Butter, salted
- Bring a large stockpot of water to a boil, season with 1 tablespoon kosher salt. Once the water comes to a boil, remove from heat. Immerse two of the crabs into the water for 5-10 minutes until the crabs are warmed through. Remove the crabs from the water and set aside to drain. Bring the water to another boil and repeat with remaining crabs.
- Clean the crabs while the other two crabs are warming in the hot water. Crack the legs with the back of a heavy knife. Serve on a platter with fresh dill leaves, parsley and sliced lemons and limes.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Reduce the heat to low and skim the foam from the butter. Stir in the Old Bay Seasoning and the lemon juice. In a small bowl, mix the ketchup with the prepared horseradish.
- Serve the flavored butter and cocktail sauce alongside the crab.
- Enjoy….so, so, so good!
About the author: Jerod Goodin
Jerod is the founder of Pacific Dream Seafoods and a long time fisherman.