TOP 5 HEALTH BENEFITS OF DUNGENESS CRAB
Sometimes it’s difficult to comb through all the different health stats on seafood, especially shellfish. But there’s one thing we know for sure and it’s that Dungeness crab is good for your heart and your body. Here’s why:
- Dungeness Crab is a solid source of omega-3 fatty acids which help to reduce your risk of heart disease. It also helps reduce inflammation, boost your immune system and may even lower the risk of certain cancer types.
- Crab is a low-calorie source of lean protein.In fact, a 4 oz serving of crab meat only has 98 calories and 2 grams of fat.
- Crab is carbohydrate free and provides chromium which helps to maintain normal blood glucose levels.
- Crabs contain selenium which helps reduce oxidative damage to cells and tissues. Selenium is important to keep these systems working.
- Crab is low in mercury. And actually, crab is considered to be the safest forms of seafood in terms of mercury levels.